Wine Shop Sales Associates 2020
La Frenz winery is a small family owned and operated winery on the Naramata Bench just outside the town of Penticton. We have fabulous wines and an amazingly fun team and want to add you to it!
We are currently hiring full and part time Wine Shop Sales Associates /Servers. These are seasonal positions from May – October.
La Frenz has 4 International Small Winery of the Year awards and currently is rated # 8 for total platinum awards in the history of North West Platinum judging! As part of our team you are the public relations ambassadors of La Frenz Winery. As such, Wine Shop personnel provide a warm welcome to all guests and provide a beyond-expectations experience, presenting guests our wines for tastings and increasing wine sales. Wine Shop employees must demonstrate warmth, a sense of integrity, efficiency, and a growing knowledge about La Frenz wines. Successful members of the Wine Shop team will consistently display a positive, unflappable, can-do attitude at all times while providing excellent and accommodating guest service to each and every guest that visits La Frenz.
Duties and skills include
- Greeting guests at all times.
- Provide seated wine tastings on the patio or at the tasting bar.
- Provide an educational experience promoting and selling La Frenz wines.
- Promote Wine Club memberships to guests and process club sign-ups.
- Responsible for sales transactions. This includes taking payment, packing orders and helping guests by carrying orders out to their cars.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing customer service skills while multi tasking.
- Perform various cleaning duties including but not limited to bussing and re-setting tables, washing, polishing and restocking glasses, cleaning and tidying up washrooms and general housekeeping of the Wine Shop (floors, windows, watering plants, garbage and recycle, etc.) dusting and stocking wine and gift items, completing general clean-up of all guest areas throughout the day.
- Serving It Right.
- Weekend availability including holidays during the season.
- Serving experience an asset.
- Wine knowledge an asset (WSET or similar).
- Must be 19 years of age.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work outside and stand for extended periods of time (6 to 8 hours).
- Friendly nature that enjoys working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment with a smile.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsible and committed.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be pro-active.
- A love for wine and wine knowledge.
References are required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants that meet the above criteria for this position will be contacted for further discussion and interviews.