La Frenz Winery COVID-19 Safety Plan
La Frenz staff will greet you warmly while wearing face shields but will refrain from shaking hands or any physical contact.
- La Frenz is moving to reservation model for tastings to control flow of guests in a safe and physically distant manner. Please reserve your tasting at www.lafrenzwinery.com or call 250 492 6690 ext. 3. Contact information for one person in groups of up to 6 will be captured and retained for 30 days.
- Walk ins will be accepted if space is available and contact information will be captured and kept for 30 days.
- Our employees will be spaced out both in the wine shop and on the patio.
- One-way foot traffic into and exiting from the Wine Shop. Directional arrows will be on the floor to direct flow of guests out to tasting patio and exit outside around the back of Wine Shop.
- Footprint decals will be on the floor at bar to emphasize physical distancing.
- Appropriate reminders to guests to remain 2 metres from other groups on the patios and at bar.
- Tastings will be conducted outside on patio as a preference to limit numbers in the Wine Shop.
- As per 50% capacity rules; no more than 12 persons (including 1 staff) will be allowed in wine shop at a time and 13 (including 1 staff) on the Veranda, 13 (including 1 staff) on the Upper Patio. Staff will be diligently managing this.
- New tasting procedure: 4 pre poured glasses presented on a wooden tray.
- Pour spouts will be held at a distance above glass to not touch any surface and will be sanitized between groups.
- One server in contact with group while physically distancing. Server responsible for taking orders, payment and putting together wine order and delivery to guest vehicle if needed, limiting touch points.
- Events have been re-designed to ensure physical distancing.
Cleaning & Hygiene
- Staff must wash their hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds at the start of each shift, after visiting the bathroom and before and after each break.We will be sanitizing the wine shop bar, tasting sheets, iPads & payment terminals in between each and every transaction. Sanitizing includes outside patio tables & chairs, door handles, light switches, and bathrooms at the start of shift, and between guests.
- Counters and charge terminals will be sanitized between guests. Tap purchases will be encouraged.
- Staff will wear face shields or masks while working.
- Glassware for guests will be sanitized in our high heat commercial dishwasher. As an alternative, GoVino glasses are available for sale to guests for $5 each and can be taken home.
- Disposable spit cups will be provided.
- Guests will not handle any products unless purchased.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to guests and staff at the entry and exit.
- Entry door will be kept open when possible.
- Entry through front door and exit from the patio and out along the back pathway.
- Signs will be posted to inform guests 50% capacity rules; no more than 12 persons (including 1 staff) will be allowed in wine shop at a time and 13 (including 1 staff)on the Veranda, 13 (including 1 staff) on the upper patio. Staff will be diligently managing this.
- Signs will remind guests of physical distancing, to limit touch points, & sanitize hands.
- Signage advising guests who appear ill will not be served.
- Handwashing instruction sign displayed in the bathroom.
- Our staff has been instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well in any way. Staff will follow all isolation guidelines as directed by the Province.
- Visitors who appear visibly ill (coughing, sneezing) will be asked to leave.
What we ask of you:
- If you are not feeling well, please do not enter our wine shop. This is for the safety of everyone.
- Please use complimentary hand sanitizer upon entering the wine shop.
- Please do not touch any of the display wines, our staff is happy to assist you!
- Please respect physical distancing regulations and remain 2 metres apart from other persons in the wine shop.
- No outside food or drink in the wine shop or patio.
- Please use appropriate doorways for entry & exit.
We are so grateful for the continued support the community has shown us!
Stay safe and healthy.
LA FRENZ Winery Team